Looking back as a new year begins.

At the end of each academic year members of the Edwards Collective write a short reflection on their time with the community. As this year’s cohort makes their way back to campus, we thought it would be a good time to share what two of our Lemons* had to say about last year:

Cassy James ’23:

“I’m so unbelievably glad I joined the Edwards Collective! In a time of constant uncertainty, pessimism, and stress, the Collective offered an equally constant source of joy and friendship. Whether we were traveling to see the Nutcracker in NYC, making soap in the kitchen, watching the Oscars with cupcakes, or spending Fall Break on our woodland creative retreat, I was immediately reminded of all the things I love about the arts and their ability to heal, inspire, and bring people together. I’m beyond grateful for our RGS team, the friends I’ve made, and the experiences I’ve had. Here’s to another year being a Lemon!”

Madeleine LeBeau ’24:

“There’s something special about being home. The Edwards Collective served as my home this year at Princeton. It was more than just my living space, though. I loved being able to participate in many activities that were related to the arts and humanities with others who share similar passions. The community was so welcoming and inclusive, and I always felt as though I could go down the hall and talk with a friend. This close-knit community kept me grounded and was always there for me.

“One of my favorite memories of the Edwards Collective this year was the fall break retreat. We spent a lovely few days in upstate New York and were able to bond as a collective and as a family. We painted, we hiked, and we had countless wonderful conversations. I am so excited to be a member of the Edwards Collective again next year and continue to be a part of this welcoming family.”

[*“Lemon” is our affectionate nickname for members of the Edwards Collective. Ask a Lemon about the history behind the term.]