Fall Retreat

Over fall break in October, the Edwards Collective went on an overnight retreat Cape May, New Jersey.  Made possible by generous funding from the David A. Gardner ’69 Magic Fund and the Council of the Humanities, the members spent 3 days together in a house along the shore in order to work on creative projects, collaborate in giving and receiving feedback on their work, and planning events and activities for the rest of the year.

Here’s what two students in the collective had to say about the trip:

“The Edwards retreat was a crucial part of my Edwards Collective experience. It was refreshing to get off campus for 3 days with a group of new people in order to talk about art and inspiration. It allowed us to relax after the typically crazy midterm week and really bond as a group. This bond has already lead to so many amazing projects, that I can’t wait to see what future years bring!”
-Allen Williams ’15

“On the EC retreat over Fall Break I was able to learn a new song on my guitar and write another chapter and a half of my novel. I also got to cook a lot, which was fantastic. Because there were so many of us, the kitchen was always bustling, which meant it was a great spot to hang out and socialize while preparing meals. As an introvert, it’s often really difficult for me to hang out in large groups, but the retreat was the highlight of my break and I’m so thankful I was able to attend!”
– Audrey Dantzlerward ‘16

bikephoto
Members of the Collective learned tandem biking while exploring Cape May
Members Ioana and Ann-Elise make a new friend on the retreat.